This CopyCat Freshii Buddha Satay Bowl is Just the Ticket!
My youngest daughter and I have a new favorite restaurant… Freshii… It is the fastest growing health and wellness restaurant in the world according to their website.
That is Freshii’s mantra. The brand is on a mission to change the way the world eats by making superfoods like kale and quinoa convenient, affordable and delicious.
After our last visit, we decided to make this Spicy Broccoli Buddha Bowl at home. Made with basic ingredients you can buy at the grocery store such as broccoli, carrots, cabbage, green onions, and crispy wontons, this recipe is sure to be a hit at your dinner table!
Really about the only thing I had trouble locating was the red curry paste… that was something new to me. However, with a little help from the friendly clerk I found it. I am not sure my small town grocer carries it but it certainly should be available at larger grocery stores.
My daughter even proclaimed this to be her new favorite!
If you are looking to swap your salads or stir fry for a different healthy meal packed with nutrition, I encourage you to try this recipe and even experiment with your favorite veggies!
CopyCat Freshii Buddha Satay Bowl
The spicy peanut sauce in this Buddha Bowl gives this meal a thumbs up! Packed with veggies and other healthy ingredients this is a winner on all fronts!
- 1 package Rice Noodles (I used brown rice noodles)
- 3 bunches Broccoli
- 2 Carrots shredded
- 1/2 Red Cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch Green Onions
- 2 cups Crispy Wontons
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 3/4 tsp Red Curry Chili Paste
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1) Cook Rice Noodles according to package directions.
2) Saute Broccoli in skillet or wok with olive oil and 1 tsp of soy sauce.
3) Add in shredded cabbage, onion and carrots.
4) Add vegetable to noodles and top with wontons and spicy peanut sauce.
Spicy Peanut Sauce
1) Add all ingredients to microwave safe bowl
2) Microwave on high for 20 - 30 seconds
3) Whisk until combined
* Recipe could be made with pre-packaged broccoli slaw and shredded carrots to save time
* I forgot to top with wontons and this dish was still amazing
Get Your Free Meal Plan
Subscribe to receive this FREE 5 Plant-Based Dinner Plan!